When October 12, 2022 at 7:00pm 1 hr 30 mins
Where Alton Legion 1267 Queen Street West, Alton, ON L7K 0C4, Canada
The Forks of the Credit Preservation Group (FCPG) is holding a Community Meeting on the CBM/St Marys Quarry proposal. (Doors open at 6.30 pm)
CMB/St. Mary wants to blast an 800 acre quarry Main Street and Charleston Side Road. This blasting quarry, if approved, will have a profound impact on the quality of life for thousands of local residents and hundreds of thousands of people who visit the Forks of the Credit every year.
The proposed quarry will
- Pump millions of litres of water out of local aquifer and transfer it to the Credit River with many ‘downstream’ effects
- Increase chances of contaminating groundwater (Blasting can create fissures that enable contaminants to flow from surface to groundwater. Remember Walkerton?)
- Destroy farmland permanently
- Disrupt and destroy habitat of endangered species
- Pollute the air with dust and fine particulate matter
- Create ‘flyrock’ from blasting which can cause property damage, personal injury or worse
- Increase truck traffic and create unnecessary road hazards
- Nicola Ross (Journalist)
- Susan Robertson (Planner)
- David Donnelly, (Environmental Lawyer)
THE CBM/St. Marys QUARRY IS NOT A DONE DEAL
RSVP to the community meeting.
Help STOP THE QUARRY
Do you like this page?